Arsenal plotting move for record-breaking France wonderkid as transfer plan revealed
So far in the transfer window, Mykhailo Mudryk and Joao Felix have both joined Chelsea, despite rumored interest from Mikel Arteta’s side.
In the instance of Mudryk, they made three bids to Shakhtar Donetsk for the 22-year-old Ukrainian winger, but the Blues made a last-ditch offer to match Shakhtar’s asking price and sign the player.
Arsenal have since been linked with several potential replacements, with Ben Jacobs saying that they have inquired about the possibility of signing him of Bayer Leverkusen star Moussa Diaby.
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- Jurgen Klopp Finally Unveils Reasons Behind Liverpool’s Decision to Not Sign Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, and Romeo Lavia
- Erik ten Hag Admits Worrisome Update: Man Utd Cannot Afford to Sign New Striker
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Manchester United Following Omar Berrada’s Appointment
- Arsenal Deploys Scouts to Monitor RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons
Since his league debut, the France youth international has appeared in eight games in all competitions, including his Champions League debut against Maccabi Haifa.
On January 15, he started PSG’s 1-0 league loss to Rennes, partnering Vitinha in center midfield.
If Arsenal agreed to a contract for Zaire-Emery, he would not be entitled to officially join the Gunners until he reached the age of 18, as FIFA rules dictate that English clubs cannot recruit international players until they reach the age of 18 after Brexit. According to the Daily Mail, Premier League teams requested that this rule be changed last year.
However, the Gunners’ interest signals that they are keeping a close eye on the talented midfielder and may make an offer in January bringing him in for the summer of 2024, when he turns 18.