Arsenal handed a huge boost in the Premier League title race as rivals Manchester City defender suffer major injury blow
Arsenal have been given a lift in the Premier League title race after Manchester City experienced a swelling injury blow.
While a drawn out physical issue to £45million summer signing Gabriel Jesus, supported on international obligation, has taken steps to crash Arsenal’s title challenge, their opponents City have now experienced a significant injury difficulty of their own.
Ruben Dias out for a month
Sportsmail claims that the 25-year-old experienced a thigh issue during Portugal’s World Cup round-of-16 triumph against Switzerland.
- Eden Hazard Opens Up: The Manager He Didn’t See Eye to Eye with During His Time at Chelsea
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- New Footage Reveals Livid Jürgen Klopp Reaction, Possibly Explaining Early Liverpool Change Against Arsenal
- Mauricio Pochettino Denies Allegations of Disparaging Chelsea Players’ Quality
- Surprise Addition Joins Man Utd Training as Erik ten Hag Echoes Jonny Evans Decision
By the by, the focal defender played on notwithstanding the injury in A Seleção’s quarter-last against Morocco, where the European side were eventually unloaded out of the competition.
Dias has allegedly not prepared for City since getting back from Qatar, and an underlying evaluation has proposed that he will miss City’s next five games.
The Portugal star’s nonappearance could influence the title race, with the middle back now liable to pass up a doubleheader with Chelsea as well as the Manchester Derby.
Dias is “frantic” to demonstrate his wellness before the Manchester United match on January 14.
Somewhere else City midfielder Kalvin Phillips has likewise missed preparing following a return from World Cup obligation with Britain.
The focal midfielder, who was a £42million summer marking from Leeds United, has shown up for his new club that have totalled less than an hour.
On the injury news, Guardiola said: “Ruben is injured. Kalvin Phillips is not fit, he did not arrive in the best condition to play.”