Arsenal handed a huge boost in the Premier League title race as rivals Manchester City defender suffer major injury blow
Arsenal have been given a lift in the Premier League title race after Manchester City experienced a swelling injury blow.
While a drawn out physical issue to £45million summer signing Gabriel Jesus, supported on international obligation, has taken steps to crash Arsenal’s title challenge, their opponents City have now experienced a significant injury difficulty of their own.
Ruben Dias out for a month
Sportsmail claims that the 25-year-old experienced a thigh issue during Portugal’s World Cup round-of-16 triumph against Switzerland.
- Declan Rice’s Frustration at Bukayo Saka’s Replacement Explained as Arsenal Fear Injury
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Arsenal and Provides Fitness Update on Manchester City Duo
- Fabrizio Romano Reveals 25-Year-Old Gunner Has No Desire to Leave Arsenal
- Chelsea Star Ben Chilwell Set for a Prolonged Spell on the Sidelines as Pochettino’s Injury Woes Deepen
- Enzo Fernandez Sends Three Words to Mykhailo Mudryk After He Finally Scores His First Chelsea Goal
By the by, the focal defender played on notwithstanding the injury in A Seleção’s quarter-last against Morocco, where the European side were eventually unloaded out of the competition.
Dias has allegedly not prepared for City since getting back from Qatar, and an underlying evaluation has proposed that he will miss City’s next five games.
The Portugal star’s nonappearance could influence the title race, with the middle back now liable to pass up a doubleheader with Chelsea as well as the Manchester Derby.
Dias is “frantic” to demonstrate his wellness before the Manchester United match on January 14.
Somewhere else City midfielder Kalvin Phillips has likewise missed preparing following a return from World Cup obligation with Britain.
The focal midfielder, who was a £42million summer marking from Leeds United, has shown up for his new club that have totalled less than an hour.
On the injury news, Guardiola said: “Ruben is injured. Kalvin Phillips is not fit, he did not arrive in the best condition to play.”