Arteta admits ‘were trying to get deals done’ after Italian reveals £64M Arsenal deal agreed
When asked about potentially signing Mykhailo Mudryk this month, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta remained tight-lipped.
This season, the 22-year-old has appeared in 18 games for Shakhtar Donetsk in all competitions, scoring 10 goals and providing eight assists.
Three of those goals, as well as two of the assists, were scored in the Champions League. Shakhtar failed not advance to the knockout stages, but finished third behind Celtic, relegating them to the Europa League.
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- Jurgen Klopp Finally Unveils Reasons Behind Liverpool’s Decision to Not Sign Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, and Romeo Lavia
- Erik ten Hag Admits Worrisome Update: Man Utd Cannot Afford to Sign New Striker
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Manchester United Following Omar Berrada’s Appointment
- Arsenal Deploys Scouts to Monitor RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons
His efforts for Donetsk this season have encouraged the Gunners to ensure that he is a Gunner by the end of the January window, despite rumors that he is on his way out.
has already committed to relocate to the UAE.
According to Fabrizio Romano, the bid is sure to be worth £64 million. The Shakhtar Donetsk star is then expected to receive another £18m-22m in bonuses.
But, amid all the rumors – Arteta refused to say anything about his prospective arrival at the club and remained tight-lipped about it – “We cannot talk about any other players,” Arteta stated when questioned about Mudryk.
“There is some interest in things we’d like to do to enhance the team, because we are a bit short in certain areas with the injuries we’ve [taken up].
“As a club, we are working – we are motivated to attempt to develop the team in every window and that’s what we’re trying to do.”