Chelsea’s dream and monster Champions League draw strategies for group stage
CHELSEA qualified for the Champions League after finishing third in the Premier League last season.
Dream Scenario – Porto, RB Salzburg, Viktoria Plzen
Chelsea are in Pot 2 of the draw and will confront one group from every one of the other three pots. What’s more, their fantasy situation could see them face Porto, RB Salzburg and Viktoria Plzen. Porto booked their spot in the Champions League after winning the Portuguese league last time around.
However, Chelsea took them out of the opposition at the quarter-last stage two seasons before proceeding to lift the prize. So manager Thomas Tuchel would be sure of getting the better of them at home and away.
Yet again RB Salzburg, in the mean time, are in the Champions League in the wake of winning the Austrian league slow and steady last season. Erling Haaland’s previous businesses arrived at the last 16 in Europe last season however were unloaded out by Bayern Munich in the wake of losing the second leg 7-1 in Germany.
Somewhere else, Czech side Viktoria Plzen have never gone past the gathering phases of the Champions League during their three appearances in the opposition. The last time they qualified quite a while back, they barely passed up a spot in the knockout gathers in the wake of completing two focuses behind assemble sprinters Roma. However, Chelsea ought to have a great deal a lot for Plzen if the pair wound up drawn together.
- Mykhailo Mudryk Sends a Clear Message to Mauricio Pochettino Ahead of Chelsea’s Clash with Bournemouth
- Erik ten Hag’s Controversial Response Regarding Manchester United and Brighton’s Transfer Spending
- Mikel Arteta praised Gabriel Jesus, whom he claimed “changed the world for Arsenal last season”
- Four Arsenal Players Face Make-or-Break Period With Three Months to Salvage Their Careers or Face Uncertain Futures
- Former Chelsea Player Claims He Wasn’t Utilized Properly and Now Thrives as a Key Player for a Prominent European Club
- Marcus Rashford Could Assume a Fresh Role for Manchester United in Upcoming Match Against Brighton
Bad dream Scenario – Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Celtic
The Blues could be given a horrible situation that could see them scrambling just to fit the bill for the last 16. Genuine Madrid, who crushed Liverpool in last season’s conclusive, would be a startling possibility for Tuchel after the Spanish giants took the Blues out while heading to the title last season.
Borussia Dortmund, in the interim, will by competing to arrive at the last option phases of the opposition and will need to demonstrate they are as yet an awe-inspiring phenomenon in the wake of losing Haaland to Manchester City this season. They would positively be a perilous rival.
What’s more, conflicts against Celtic would demonstrate requesting too. The Scottish bosses would be on their grit if they somehow happened to go head to head against the west Londoners, with the winner of the conflict at Celtic Park anybody’s presume. So Tuchel will trust the horrible gathering doesn’t turn into a reality when the draw starts at 5pm (BST) in Istanbul.