HomeFIFA World CupCristiano Ronaldo's "furious" comment after being replaced at World Cup caught on...

Cristiano Ronaldo’s “furious” comment after being replaced at World Cup caught on camera

-

Cristiano Ronaldo’s “furious” comment after being replaced at World Cup caught on camera

Cristiano Ronaldo was noticeably irate as he was subbed off the contribute the 65th moment of Portugal’s last World Cup group stage match as they lost to South Korea

Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo was angry as he was subbed off in his country’s World Cup group stage rout against South Korea on Friday.

Ronaldo turned into the principal player to score in five different World Cups when he got from the punishment spot against Ghana in his country’s initial World Cup game.

The veteran forward then attempted to guarantee he had score Portugal’s most memorable goal against Uruguay in their subsequent group game yet regardless of Portugal supposedly introducing proof that the 37-year-old headed home a cross from Bruno Fernandes, it was affirmed that the ball had gone straight into the net.

Latest Updates

The veteran has begun in every one of Portugal’s three group stage games however has been subbed off in each of the three, including the misfortune to South Korea. His job in Korea’s adjuster was raised doubt about after he walked out on the ball in front of the goal.

Ronaldo was subbed off for Andre Silva in the 65 th moment of Friday’s match, with A Bola detailing that he could be heard yelling on camera towards the Portugal seat: “You’re in such a rush to take me off.” It was at this crossroads that he was support by teammate Pepe, who was still on the pitch.

Portugal manager Fernando Santos moved to clear up the episode after the game by explaining that the whiz was answering a resistance player, and not the Portugal seat: “Ronaldo fell off the pitch furious, indeed, yet with the Korean player who was offending him and sending him away from the pitch,” Santos said. “He replied to him and that is completely ordinary.

“I heard what the Korean player said, in English, and I feel a little uncertain about it and Ronaldo replied ‘you should be in a major rush for me to leave’. Pepe even pursued the Korean player hence.”

This rendition of occasions was affirmed by Portugal’s goalscorer Ricardo Horta, who said of the occurrence: “I think he wound up leaving the game unsatisfied in light of the response of a player from Korea, nothing connected with Portugal. He’s now said it and it’s not worth rehashing: that he is cheerful and centered around the World Cup.”

The Portuguese genius cut off his friendship with Manchester United by shared assent last week, following his sensation interview with Docks Morgan. He has exchanged completely to international mode and is intending to break various World Cup records.

Ronaldo, Portugal’s captain, said the comments he made as he left the field in the 65th minute were in fact aimed at a South Korean player.

Portuguese media said the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus player, who left the English club last month, appeared to challenge Santos over the decision to substitute him, using vulgar language towards the coach.

“What happened was before my substitution, the South Korea player told me to get off quickly. I told him to shut up as he doesn’t have that authority. There was no disagreement (with the coach),” Ronaldo was quoted as saying by Portuguese reporters.


Ronaldo denies he swore at Portugal coach over substitution

The 37-year-old is seeking to equal the Portuguese record of most World Cup goals held by Eusebio, who racked up nine in 1966 in England, the only World Cup tournament he played in.

Ronaldo last week became the first ever player to score in five World Cups.

Santos, asked by reporters about the substitution incident, also said a South Korean player had been aggressive in his comments towards the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

“I saw the interaction with Korean player and I have no doubts about what happened,” Santos said.

Ronaldo was kept largely at bay by South Korea’s defence in the Asians’ last-gasp victory over Portugal that sent Uruguay out of the World Cup. But he was involved in the South Korean equalizer in the 27th minute when a corner struck him on the back and fell for Kim Young-gwon to score.

Santos made six changes to the side that beat Uruguay on Monday, mindful of the risk of yellow-card suspensions in the next round for which Portugal had already qualified before kick-off against South Korea. “We’re unhappy. We wanted to go through with a win, we wanted to go through playing good football to keep boosting our confidence,” Santos said.

“We’re not going to lose confidence, this group has confidence, but it’s a warning, a serious warning. Perhaps some positive things could come from this game.”

He congratulated Paulo Bento, his predecessor as Portugal’s manager who is now in charge of South Korea.

“I’ve just given him a hug. I’m unhappy, he is happy. I didn’t facilitate anything but friends are friends, business aside,” he added.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s “furious” comment after being replaced at World Cup caught on camera

Follow us

6,566FansLike
5,662FollowersFollow
511FollowersFollow

Most Popular