Erik ten Hag has excluded three Manchester United players for the Carabao Cup match against Nottingham Forest.
On Wednesday night, Manchester United will face Nottingham Forest in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final, with a spot in next month’s Wembley final at risk.
Diogo Dalot, Jadon Sancho, and Anthony Martial will not play against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, according to Erik ten Hag.
Manchester United will play the opening leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final at the City Ground. Ten Hag’s team is the tournament favorite, with Newcastle and Southampton competing in the other last-four match. The championship will be held on Sunday, February 26.
Ten Hag is also without long-term absentee Donny van de Beek, who suffered a season-ending knee injury earlier this month. The good news for United fans is Axel Tuanzebe is fit again after a lengthy lay-off and Casemiro is available after serving a one-match ban.
“The players who were not available for the Arsenal game – Dalot, Martial, Sancho – are also not available for tomorrow,” confirmed Ten Hag on Tuesday afternoon.
- Ben Chilwell breaks his silence following confirmation of Chelsea’s injury timeline
- Declan Rice’s Frustration at Bukayo Saka’s Replacement Explained as Arsenal Fear Injury
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Arsenal and Provides Fitness Update on Manchester City Duo
- Fabrizio Romano Reveals 25-Year-Old Gunner Has No Desire to Leave Arsenal
- Chelsea Star Ben Chilwell Set for a Prolonged Spell on the Sidelines as Pochettino’s Injury Woes Deepen
Sancho hasn’t played since October, when he was left out of England’s World Cup team. He has been on an individual training program and has recently returned to first-team training, but he is still working on his conditioning and is not yet ready to compete.
After suffering injuries earlier this month, neither Dalot nor Martial have returned to training. Dalot injured his hamstring in the 3-0 Carabao Cup quarter-final win over Charlton, while Martial injured his leg in the 2-1 win against Manchester City.
Meanwhile, Taiwo Awoniyi (groin), Cheikhou Kouyate (hamstring), Moussa Niakhate (hamstring), Omar Richards (leg), and Giulian Biancone will be out for Forest (knee). Dean Henderson is also out due to a thigh injury suffered earlier this month.
Henderson, who joined Forest on loan from Manchester United at the start of the season, would not have been permitted to play against his parent club in any case. The England goalkeeper would have needed permission from Manchester United to participate, which was never going to happen.
- He Knows’ – Rasmus Hojlund Sends a Message to His Manchester United Teammate Marcus Rashford
- Chelsea Targets Former Man Utd Player Who Reportedly ‘Refused to Speak to Erik ten Hag’ Before Old Trafford Exit
- Man Utd Outcast Jadon Sancho ‘Constantly in Contact’ with Another Manager as Transfer Nears
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Points the Finger at Erik ten Hag and Urges Man Utd to Consider His Future
- Erik ten Hag Explains the Reason Behind Overlooked Man Utd Summer Signing’s Absence from Debut
“We expected Dean’s injury would be a lot longer than it is,” Copper said on Tuesday. “He couldn’t possibly have played in these semi-finals. Wayne Hennessey played over the weekend, and we’ll see whether that continues or if we make a change [new signing].”
Jesse Lingard, a former Manchester United player, is scheduled to play on Wednesday after recovering from a hamstring injury. He returned to the bench for Forest’s 1-1 draw with Bournemouth on Saturday. Ryan Yates, on the other hand, is in doubt due to illness.
“Whether there’s a bit of a virus going around or what not, we’ll get to the bottom of it,” said Cooper when asked about Yates. “If he’s available for Wednesday, I don’t know yet. We’ll see but everyone else was fine from the weekend and we’re as we were.”
On Lingard, Cooper said: “He wasn’t quite ready at the weekend to start, but definitely ready to be involved… He’s trained since, so he’s definitely up for selection. What we decide to go with, we’ll see, but he’s back in the mix.”