Erik ten Hag has expressed his feelings on Antony’s performance for Manchester United against Nottingham Forest.
Antony played better in Manchester United’s 3-0 League Cup semi-final victory over Nottingham Forest.
On Tuesday, Ten Hag expressed his thoughts. Antony “can do better” and advised the winger to be “more direct”. Antony tweeted before of Ten Hag’s embargoed statements, “Seeking to evolve to give my best to the squad!”
- He Knows’ – Rasmus Hojlund Sends a Message to His Manchester United Teammate Marcus Rashford
- Chelsea Targets Former Man Utd Player Who Reportedly ‘Refused to Speak to Erik ten Hag’ Before Old Trafford Exit
- Man Utd Outcast Jadon Sancho ‘Constantly in Contact’ with Another Manager as Transfer Nears
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Points the Finger at Erik ten Hag and Urges Man Utd to Consider His Future
- Erik ten Hag Explains the Reason Behind Overlooked Man Utd Summer Signing’s Absence from Debut
When Antony’s shot was parried by Forest goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey, Wout Weghorst scored on the rebound to put United up 2-0 in the 45th minute.
“I think he played a really good game,” Ten Hag said of Antony. “I think he was a threat in between the lines, he was good in the physicality, he had some good actions to go at the opponent. He had to score (in a one-on-one) but it was a great combination.
“So we needed to see that more; more dynamic in the frontline, we are working on that part – that is the most difficult part. But I have seen some good moments today and in the last couple of games and I’m happy with that.
“The 2-0 just before half-time was an important one because that brought calmness to the team and it was a great action from Antony and the rebound from Wout Weghorst. He’s the striker, it’s why we got him in.”
Ten Hag is set to heavily rotate ahead of the second leg with Forest at Old Trafford on Wednesday. United visit Championship side Reading in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday.
Ten Hag stated that he had almost decided on his starting lineup for the weekend. “I got something in my head after today.”
“But I have to settle this game down and look into my plans and then I have to look into Reading and then we make a good plan to beat Reading.”