‘Extravagant’, ‘Slow’ – Journalists criticise Man City midfielder for ‘worst performance’
Kyle Walker and John Stones didn’t crown themselves in greatness with slips in focus that prompted calls, however Rodri was likewise not at the races and battled at St James’ Park.
Where will Manchester City finish in the Premier League this season?
The 26-year-old began in a profound lying midfield job however scarcely turned over belonging and lost a ton of passes in spite of having such a great deal the ball.
- Manchester United’s stance on acquiring Marco Reus as the transfer window nears its close.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko issues a caution to Manchester City supporters after losing his huff with former teammates.
- Comparison of Manchester City’s wage bill with Manchester United and Liverpool FC supports Pep Guardiola’s argument.
- Cody Gakpo desires a Liverpool ‘accident’ and addresses a position shift in play following his transfer.
- ‘Blue is my favorite color,’ says Chelsea player despite reports he could leave the club this month.
- Klopp describes Arthur in two words at Liverpool training right now.
Simon Bajkowski of the Manchester Evening News gave Rodri a player rating of 5/10 and said Sunday’s showing was one of his ‘most horrendously terrible exhibitions’ in quite a while. He called the midfielder ‘slow’ however applauded his help that got City ready to take care of business.
Craig Vickers of 90min gave Rodri a player rating of 5/10 and said he ‘overpowered’ by Newcastle’s high-squeezing and lively style. Vickers likewise noticed the Spaniard was ‘inefficient’ under lock and key, which is not normal for him.
Against Newcastle, Rodri played for an hour and a half, had 139 contacts, won seven ethereal duels, finished 89.9% of his 119 passes, made a single opportunity, had four shots with just 25% stirring things up around town, made one tackle, had five clearances, neglected to make a capture, hindered a single shot and offered one foul.
The 26-year-old will expect to put that presentation behind him and improve in City’s next cutthroat trip.