Fabrizio Romano claims 21-year-old is close to leaving Chelsea after agreement between clubs
Chelsea and Serie A side Spezia have agreed over a loan bargain for flexible defender Ethan Ampadu, as indicated by Fabrizio Romano.
In spite of a few appearances in pre-season games as a middle back, Ampadu cTuchel up until this point.
Tuchel appeared to be dazzled by the 21-year-old’s presentation in the back three during the principal group’s visit in the United States, however that was plainly sufficiently not to persuade the manager.
The Blues have since acquired Kalidou Koulibaly and are supposedly near marking Leicester City star Wesley Fofana.
While Chelsea have purportedly chosen not to permit Trevoh Chalobah to leave the club this summer, Ampadu is very nearly leaving, as per Romano.
“Spezia are set to sign Ampadu from Chelsea,” the Italian transfer expert written on Twitter.
“[I’ve] been informed the arrangement is currently advancing to the marking stage.
“Ampadu has concurred individual terms and [there is a] full arrangement between the clubs set up.”
Romano added that Ampadu is supposed to join Spezia on a season-long loan with a choice to purchase at around €15million (£12.7m) with the clinical planned right on time one week from now.
- Fabrizio Romano Reveals 25-Year-Old Gunner Has No Desire to Leave Arsenal
- Erik ten Hag Explains the Reason Behind Overlooked Man Utd Summer Signing’s Absence from Debut
- Granit Xhaka Explains the Reasons Behind His Departure from Arsenal
- Man Utd Target Adds remedy to Injury for Erik ten Hag After the Boss Broke His Own Transfer Rule
- Fabrizio Romano Confirms Arsenal Contract Talks, With Top Performer Set to Follow Martin Odegaard’s Lead
- Chelsea Rival Real Madrid in the Race for Striker scoring a Goal Every 55 Minutes
No room for versatile Ampadu at Chelsea
The former Exeter star is under contract at Chelsea until 2024, so it is arguably risky for Chelsea to agree to an option to buy, rather than an obligation, since the player will enter the final year of his contract next summer.
Many would also argue that the Wales international could have been a very good squad player at Chelsea, given his versatility, butt Tuchel already has his utility player in Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
While Loftus-Cheek is unlikely to play as a centre-back, although he did it once last season, Chalobah’s staying, Cucurella’s being able to play in the back three, as well as Fofana’s potential arrival, would give Tuchel plenty of options this season.