Fabrizio Romano claims 21-year-old is close to leaving Chelsea after agreement between clubs
Chelsea and Serie A side Spezia have agreed over a loan bargain for flexible defender Ethan Ampadu, as indicated by Fabrizio Romano.
In spite of a few appearances in pre-season games as a middle back, Ampadu cTuchel up until this point.
Tuchel appeared to be dazzled by the 21-year-old’s presentation in the back three during the principal group’s visit in the United States, however that was plainly sufficiently not to persuade the manager.
The Blues have since acquired Kalidou Koulibaly and are supposedly near marking Leicester City star Wesley Fofana.
While Chelsea have purportedly chosen not to permit Trevoh Chalobah to leave the club this summer, Ampadu is very nearly leaving, as per Romano.
“Spezia are set to sign Ampadu from Chelsea,” the Italian transfer expert written on Twitter.
“[I’ve] been informed the arrangement is currently advancing to the marking stage.
“Ampadu has concurred individual terms and [there is a] full arrangement between the clubs set up.”
Romano added that Ampadu is supposed to join Spezia on a season-long loan with a choice to purchase at around €15million (£12.7m) with the clinical planned right on time one week from now.
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- Jurgen Klopp Finally Unveils Reasons Behind Liverpool’s Decision to Not Sign Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, and Romeo Lavia
- Erik ten Hag Admits Worrisome Update: Man Utd Cannot Afford to Sign New Striker
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Manchester United Following Omar Berrada’s Appointment
- Arsenal Deploys Scouts to Monitor RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons
- Arsenal Surprisingly Gains Martin Zubimendi Transfer Advantage Following Significant £45m Update
No room for versatile Ampadu at Chelsea
The former Exeter star is under contract at Chelsea until 2024, so it is arguably risky for Chelsea to agree to an option to buy, rather than an obligation, since the player will enter the final year of his contract next summer.
Many would also argue that the Wales international could have been a very good squad player at Chelsea, given his versatility, butt Tuchel already has his utility player in Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
While Loftus-Cheek is unlikely to play as a centre-back, although he did it once last season, Chalobah’s staying, Cucurella’s being able to play in the back three, as well as Fofana’s potential arrival, would give Tuchel plenty of options this season.