HomeTRANSFERSFive Manchester City stars could leave this summer in ‘major exit operation’...

Five Manchester City stars could leave this summer in ‘major exit operation’ from the club 

-

Five Manchester City stars could leave this summer in ‘major exit operation’ from the club 

A shocking allegation from Spain has stated that up to five Manchester City stars could quit the club this summer, in what is described as a ‘massive exit operation’.

The end of the current season has long been expected to bring about a significant refresh of Pep Guardiola’s first-team roster, as the Catalan coach aims to construct his squad for the next two years of his contract, which he extended with the club last year.

Contract talks have been the most talked about process in recent days, as Manchester City looks to extend the contracts of both Ilkay Gundogan and Julian Alvarez, while also trying to figure out where Bernardo Silva’s head is in terms of his own.

transfer updates


However, according to a new report from Spain on Wednesday afternoon, not only is Gundogan not interested in signing a new contract, but Manchester City should brace themselves for a slew of departures from the first-team squad in the coming months.

According to Jose Alvarez, a writer, Joao Cancelo, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Ilkay Gundogan, and Aymeric Laporte might all depart Manchester City this summer.

While many are anticipating a busy summer transfer window in terms of arrivals, Jose Alvarez believes the same can be said about exits, explaining, “A significant exit operation since there is a lot of wear and tear among the heavyweights in the league.”

Alvarez continued, as translated and relayed by Sport Witness, “There are several players who are disgruntled and can’t stand the situation,” before listing the aforementioned five City players who could seek exits this summer.

Jose Alvarez breaks down each of the five players’ situations, stating that Joao Cancelo’s connection with Pep Guardiola and his backroom crew is “not the best,” and as a result, he wants to leave the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City has been interested in extending Ilkay Gundogan’s contract “for the last two years,” according to reports. Despite rumours in England that more discussions have begun, Alvarez claims that the player is “very advanced” on an agreement to join Barcelona on a free transfer this summer.

What’s Trending


Bernardo Silva, who “keeps rejecting” offers from Manchester City and wants to go in the summer, is also in a contractual standoff with PSG.

The Premier League winners also “want to talk about extending” Aymeric Laporte’s contract, which runs until the summer of 2025, in the next weeks and months. However, Jose Alvarez – who is reported to be a personal friend of the Spain international, is “thinking more about a departure in June”.

After joining City from Athletic Bilbao in the January transfer window of 2018, Alvarez says that Laporte is set to return to Spain, and that despite interest from PSG, there is a ‘major Spanish team’ ready to ‘complete talks’ this summer.

Many Manchester City fans would find it difficult to believe that all five of the aforementioned names will depart the club in the same summer, however Pep Guardiola is known to be willing to cut names out of his squad should he deem them surplus to requirements.

Five Manchester City stars could leave this summer in ‘major exit operation’ from the club 

Follow us

6,566FansLike
5,662FollowersFollow
511FollowersFollow

Most Popular