‘Full agreement reached’: Fabrizio Romano says Arsenal could complete £20m signing today to a player who has been rejected by Manchester United and Liverpool.
Trossard, 28, appears set to quit the Amex Stadium this month after clashing with Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi.
More on Trossard deal scoop. Been told tslks are very advanced as Arsenal are prepared to close tje deal in the next hours. Not early stages but progressing fast for permanent move. ⚪️🔴 #AFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 19, 2023
Full agreement reached on personal terms, it will be long-term contract for Trossard. pic.twitter.com/U30QWziaB7
The Belgium international departed the UK without permission earlier this month after being told he would not be included in Brighton’s Premier League squad for their match against Liverpool.
De Zerbi claimed he left the winger out due to worries about his attitude and behavior in training, following suggestions that Tottenham were contemplating a January approach for Trossard.
However, it could be Arsenal who end up signing Trossard this month, with the Gunners entering into negotiations with Brighton over a deal for the player.
- Mauricio Pochettino Offers Insight into Chelsea’s Decision to Accept Offers for Ian Maatsen and Trevoh Chalobah
- Former Chelsea Star Criticizes Owner Todd Boehly, Delivers Scathing Assessment of Transfer Strategy.
- Chelsea’s Surprise Transfer Decision on Reece James as Real Madrid Considers Fresh Bid.
- After a breakdown in negotiations, Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly demands an additional £50 million player be exiled.
- Eden Hazard’s Position on Chelsea Return Revealed as Club Considers Next Transfer Move.
“Arsenal have opened talks to sign Leandro Trossard from Brighton, negotiations are advanced with official bid ready for permanent move,” tweeted respected transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
Arsenal are looking for a winger after losing their top transfer target, Mykhailo Mudryk, to Chelsea.
Mudryk appeared to be on his way to the Emirates after dropping multiple hints about his desire to join the Gunners.
Chelsea, on the other hand, hijacked Arsenal’s talks with Shakhtar Donetsk, finally signing him in a deal worth up to £88 million.
EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal have opened talks to sign Leandro Trossard from Brighton, negotiations are advanced with official bid ready for permanent move. 🚨⚪️🔴 #AFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 19, 2023
Personal terms already agreed — talks will continue to get deal done soon. pic.twitter.com/WgiCtz1jG1
According to reports, Chelsea persuaded Mudryk to join them rather than Arsenal after informing him he would struggle to start at the Emirates due to the presence of Gabriel Martinelli.
Trossard has been’rejected’ by Manchester United and Liverpool.
Trossard’s agent, according to CBS Sports journalist Ben Jacobs, had already approached a number of Premier League clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool.
But both North West clubs were said to be “irritated” by his advances, and rejected the offer.
- Mykhailo Mudryk Sends a Clear Message to Mauricio Pochettino Ahead of Chelsea’s Clash with Bournemouth
- Erik ten Hag’s Controversial Response Regarding Manchester United and Brighton’s Transfer Spending
- Mikel Arteta praised Gabriel Jesus, whom he claimed “changed the world for Arsenal last season”
- Four Arsenal Players Face Make-or-Break Period With Three Months to Salvage Their Careers or Face Uncertain Futures
- Former Chelsea Player Claims He Wasn’t Utilized Properly and Now Thrives as a Key Player for a Prominent European Club
Jacobs told the Last Word On Spurs podcast: “The first thing to say with Trossard is that he wants a move away. No specific preference, and his agent has been working extremely hard to fuel interest.
“Liverpool and Manchester United dismissed it, even, as I understand it, got a little bit irritated by how much on the agent’s side was being leaked about interest in his client.”