Graham Potter praises Chelsea’s star whom everyone benefits from him on the pitch, whose football intellect is “above anybody.”
Chelsea manager Graham Potter has praised Thiago Silva, noting that his footballing intellect is superior to everyone else’s. The Brazilian defender was outstanding in the Blues’ goalless draw with Liverpool on Saturday (January 21).
Silva, 38, continues to roll back the years at Stamford Bridge and neutralized the danger of Reds combination Cody Gakpo and Mohamed Salah at Anfield. He won three ground and two aerial duels while completing nine passes in the final third. The Brazilian has extensive experience, having previously played for PSG and AC Milan.
Potter was full of praise for the veteran defender following the draw. The Blues’ manager stated on the Club’s official Website
“He’s got a football brain that is pretty much above everybody. He understands the game, and he’s played for so long at the highest level.”
- Chelsea Star Left with Egg on His Face as He ‘Forgets’ Previous Stint with Brighton During Victory
- Conor Gallagher Defies Mauricio Pochettino’s Instruction in Chelsea vs Brighton Clash
- Pep Guardiola Teases Mikel Arteta While Man City Fumes Over Referee Decision in Tottenham Draw
- Declan Rice’s Heartfelt Message on Social Media Revives Fond Memories for West Ham Fans
- Alexis Mac Allister Unveils Trigger for Conflict Between Nunez and Man City Boss”
He continued by alluding to Chelsea’s new £35 million centre-back Benoit Badiashile playing alongside him:
“The players he’s played with, the players he’s played against, his references are so strong that he can help the team and individuals. He’s got Benoit next to him, just his second game in the Premier League, and I’m sure he benefits from playing alongside Thiago. Everyone benefits from him.”
Potter concluded by lauding the leadership qualities Silva boasts:
“He is a leader on the pitch, leader off the pitch, a really important player.”
Silva has made 23 appearances across competitions, providing two assists and helping the west London side keep seven clean sheets. He arrived at Stamford Bridge on a free transfer after leaving PSG in 2020.
Kovacic was not among the Chelsea players that traveled to Anfield to face Liverpool on Saturday. The Blues were without the Croatian midfielder, forcing left-back Lewis Hall to play in an unusual central midfield position.
Potter stated that Kovacic suffered a calf injury but might return for the team’s next game against Fulham on Friday (February 3). He stated to Chelsea TV:
“He felt a tightening in his leg. We’re hoping he’ll be available for Fulham. He sensed it towards the conclusion of the (Crystal) Palace game.”
- Chelsea Cryptic Team News Hints Amid Mauricio Pochettino’s Two Changes for Brighton Clash
- Jurgen Klopp mocks Todd Boehly in brutal takedown after controversial suggestion
- David de Gea reacts with a cryptic tweet after Erik ten Hag loses to Newcastle
- Bruno Fernandes Expresses His Sentiments on Andre Onana Following the Latest Man Utd Nightmare
- Premier League’s top ten best defenders 2023
He went on to say:
“So, that’s a blow for us, but we managed it quite well, and credit to the boys that came in.”