Kylian Mbappe is anticipated propel PSG to sign the Manchester City star this summer.
Last summer, the 24-year-old France international extended his contract with Paris Saint-Germain until the summer of 2025, putting an end to strong rumours that he intended to join Real Madrid.
“I’m incredibly thrilled to continue the adventure here at Paris Saint-Germain,” Kylian Mbappé stated at the time. To remain in Paris, my hometown.
It is widely understood that Kylian Mbappe holds significant influence and power at the Parisian side, and that level of status within the club could now lead towards their transfer activity, with a new report revealing his desire to lure one Manchester City star to the French capital.
According to Martin Blackburn of The Sun, Kylian Mbappe wants Paris Saint-Germain to make a fresh offer for his good friend and former teammate at AS Monaco Bernardo Silva during the forthcoming summer window.
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- Jurgen Klopp Finally Unveils Reasons Behind Liverpool’s Decision to Not Sign Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, and Romeo Lavia
- Erik ten Hag Admits Worrisome Update: Man Utd Cannot Afford to Sign New Striker
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Manchester United Following Omar Berrada’s Appointment
- Arsenal Deploys Scouts to Monitor RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons
When Bernardo Silva announced a desire to leave Manchester City last summer, it was reported that the Ligue 1 giants were one of the clubs who ‘expressed the most interest’ in signing the midfielder.
As a result of Kylian Mbappe’s powerful status inside the Parisian club as a whole, the report claims that the French superstar will ‘push’ his employers to continue their pursuit of the Manchester City player when the transfer market reopens in the coming summer.
However, with Silva’s existing Etihad Stadium contract running until 2025, it is explained that Manchester City are ‘unlikely’ to let the Portugal international leave unless a ‘major’ offer comes in, despite his public desire to wave farewell to the club.
Following two summers of frustration, Bernardo Silva has continued to express his displeasure with life in England, most recently addressing to Portuguese media about his dissatisfaction with the lifestyle on offer.
- Eden Hazard Opens Up: The Manager He Didn’t See Eye to Eye with During His Time at Chelsea
- New Footage Reveals Livid Jürgen Klopp Reaction, Possibly Explaining Early Liverpool Change Against Arsenal
- Chelsea Predicted XI Against Aston Villa: Mauricio Pochettino Explores Brand New System
- Mauricio Pochettino Denies Allegations of Disparaging Chelsea Players’ Quality
- Surprise Addition Joins Man Utd Training as Erik ten Hag Echoes Jonny Evans Decision
“I never adapted to the foggy Manchester, it’s a different life and different habits, but it’s a very wonderful life – both where we are and the football here is fantastic, the level is extremely high,” Bernardo Silva said to ElevenSports.
“I won’t claim it’s simple to live here (England); it’s difficult to be away from family and friends, and it’s a different culture. I’m not used to it, but I’m content with my life; it was a dream come true, and I play in the finest league in the world in high level for years
Regardless of the future of Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gundogan – whose contract expires at the end of the ongoing season – Manchester City are expected to explore the signing of a new central midfielder, with Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham known to be a primary target.