Kylian Mbappe is anticipated propel PSG to sign the Manchester City star this summer.
Last summer, the 24-year-old France international extended his contract with Paris Saint-Germain until the summer of 2025, putting an end to strong rumours that he intended to join Real Madrid.
“I’m incredibly thrilled to continue the adventure here at Paris Saint-Germain,” Kylian Mbappé stated at the time. To remain in Paris, my hometown.
It is widely understood that Kylian Mbappe holds significant influence and power at the Parisian side, and that level of status within the club could now lead towards their transfer activity, with a new report revealing his desire to lure one Manchester City star to the French capital.
According to Martin Blackburn of The Sun, Kylian Mbappe wants Paris Saint-Germain to make a fresh offer for his good friend and former teammate at AS Monaco Bernardo Silva during the forthcoming summer window.
- Mauricio Pochettino Offers Insight into Chelsea’s Decision to Accept Offers for Ian Maatsen and Trevoh Chalobah
- Former Chelsea Star Criticizes Owner Todd Boehly, Delivers Scathing Assessment of Transfer Strategy.
- Chelsea’s Surprise Transfer Decision on Reece James as Real Madrid Considers Fresh Bid.
- After a breakdown in negotiations, Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly demands an additional £50 million player be exiled.
- Eden Hazard’s Position on Chelsea Return Revealed as Club Considers Next Transfer Move.
When Bernardo Silva announced a desire to leave Manchester City last summer, it was reported that the Ligue 1 giants were one of the clubs who ‘expressed the most interest’ in signing the midfielder.
As a result of Kylian Mbappe’s powerful status inside the Parisian club as a whole, the report claims that the French superstar will ‘push’ his employers to continue their pursuit of the Manchester City player when the transfer market reopens in the coming summer.
However, with Silva’s existing Etihad Stadium contract running until 2025, it is explained that Manchester City are ‘unlikely’ to let the Portugal international leave unless a ‘major’ offer comes in, despite his public desire to wave farewell to the club.
Following two summers of frustration, Bernardo Silva has continued to express his displeasure with life in England, most recently addressing to Portuguese media about his dissatisfaction with the lifestyle on offer.
- Mykhailo Mudryk Sends a Clear Message to Mauricio Pochettino Ahead of Chelsea’s Clash with Bournemouth
- Erik ten Hag’s Controversial Response Regarding Manchester United and Brighton’s Transfer Spending
- Mikel Arteta praised Gabriel Jesus, whom he claimed “changed the world for Arsenal last season”
- Four Arsenal Players Face Make-or-Break Period With Three Months to Salvage Their Careers or Face Uncertain Futures
- Former Chelsea Player Claims He Wasn’t Utilized Properly and Now Thrives as a Key Player for a Prominent European Club
“I never adapted to the foggy Manchester, it’s a different life and different habits, but it’s a very wonderful life – both where we are and the football here is fantastic, the level is extremely high,” Bernardo Silva said to ElevenSports.
“I won’t claim it’s simple to live here (England); it’s difficult to be away from family and friends, and it’s a different culture. I’m not used to it, but I’m content with my life; it was a dream come true, and I play in the finest league in the world in high level for years
Regardless of the future of Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gundogan – whose contract expires at the end of the ongoing season – Manchester City are expected to explore the signing of a new central midfielder, with Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham known to be a primary target.