Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp gives new segment on Luis Diaz’s injury and the next ‘plan’ after world cup
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp gives update on Luis Diaz injury circumstance after rout to Lyon in Dubai Super Cup
Jurgen Klopp says Luis Diaz’s physical issue difficulty is a “legitimate crush in the face” as Liverpool get set for one more spell without the persuasive winger.
Diaz has not played for the Reds since the 3-2 loss to Arsenal toward the beginning of October after experiencing a knee injury, however was ready to return in the mid-season well disposed installations in Dubai before he experienced one more misfortune on Friday.
- Jurgen Klopp’s ‘Not Fair’ Outburst Bangs Pep Guardiola as Liverpool Boss Takes a Stand
- Arsenal May Turn to ‘Unplayable’ Teen Who Scored Five in One Match
- Bayern Munich Hit with Injury Blow Ahead of Champions League Clash Against Manchester United
- Pochettino Sends Clear Message to Chelsea Board Following Disappointing Everton Loss
- Man United in Talks to Trigger One-Year Option in Anthony Martial’s Contract
Reports in Diaz’s local Colombia have guaranteed he will require a medical procedure and be missing until summer and any delayed nonattendance will be a significant blow for a sparkled player since his £37m change from Porto toward the finish of the January transfer window.
“He isn’t in the most ideal spot [mentally], that is clear,” Klopp said after his side’s 3-1 misfortune to Lyon in the Dubai Super Cup on Sunday. “It was a major disillusionment for us all and him too. It was a nothing circumstance in preparing, truly.
“And he felt something, he didn’t feel it a lot the next day but we wanted to be cautious. So we said: ‘come on, let’s have a proper look’ and then the news came which was a proper smash in the face, but that’s it now.”
Klopp was speaking after his team were beaten by Lyon at the Al Maktoum Stadium, where they will also meet AC Milan on Friday. The Reds boss is looking to use their time in the Emirates to hit the ground running when the domestic action returns later this month with a Carabao Cup trip to Manchester City.
Klopp counted: “The plan is we want to chase it and be ready immediately, that’s why we have to use this time now again to train and give the boys proper intensity in training, which again is why I am really happy with big parts of the first half, knowing that it was in the right direction.
“That was not always the case with the summer games. I saw a lot of things tonight that I wanted to see and I am positive but of course we play some tough, tough teams to come.
“We start against Manchester City and then we play against Aston Villa and they still have a new manager, so they will be highly energised. That’s all clear, we know that. But we want to be the most difficult team to play against and it’s up to us to be that.
“The start of the game was really good from us, I liked it a lot. Some parts in the first half, I saw what we have been working on in the training ground so far. We were aggressive, well connected, could have scored another goal but we conceded with a misunderstanding between Robbo (Andy Robertson) and Caoimh Kelleher.
“That was not cool but it can happen. In the second half we had to change a lot and we realised 60 minutes was the maximum anyone can play. We were young with the changes and not very organised any more. Every time we lost the ball it ended up in front of our goal every time.
“Every ball we lost was a big chance on the counter and that, of course, is not how it should look. But that’s a learning curve and we will use this to learn from.”