Luke Shaw discloses to Erik ten Hag what he thinks of the recent positional shift at Manchester United
Luke Shaw is a characteristic left-back yet Erik ten Hag used him at centerback as of late and he dazzled in that job for Manchester United against Nottingham Timberland and Wolves.
Shaw began at focus back in wins against Nottingham Timberland and Wolves toward the finish of 2022 and he looked agreeable there close by Raphael Varane.
The 27-year-old kept two clean sheets playing at focus back without a trace of World Cup winner Lisandro Martinez, yet he got back to his regular job on Tuesday night against Bournemouth, as Ten Hag began with Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof midway at Old Trafford.
- Comparison of Manchester City’s wage bill with Manchester United and Liverpool FC supports Pep Guardiola’s argument.
- Cody Gakpo desires a Liverpool ‘accident’ and addresses a position shift in play following his transfer.
- Klopp describes Arthur in two words at Liverpool training right now.
- “Oleksandr Zinchenko Loses Temper and shoves Away Former Manchester City Teammates”
- Why “Pep Guardiola Surprised by Mikel Arteta’s Impact in Manchester City’s FA Cup Win Against Arsenal”
Shaw scored as United crushed Bournemouth 3-0 and the England full-back was gotten some information about his new positional change after that polished triumph.
“There’s a lot of options now in the centre-back position, but I think it’s nice for the manager to know that if he ever had to rely on me, then I’m happy to play there and hopefully I have impressed him,” Shaw told MUTV.
“Of course, I’m a left-back, but wherever I can play for the team, I can happily do it. I think we always want to focus on keeping clean sheets because if we do that, we can win the game with the players we have, but of course, at times we were sloppy.
“I think we can’t do that and David [de Gea] was amazing today with some important saves – he earned the clean sheet tonight.”