Manchester City have agreed to make their first signing of the January transfer window.
Manchester City have completed a deal to sign Argentina midfielder Máximo Perrone as their first signing of the January transfer window.
Pep Guardiola is about to get a new midfielder after City agreed to a €9.3 million deal with Vélez Sarsfield.
According to Cesar Luis Merlo, the 20-year-old will go to England following the completion of the Sudamericano Sub-20 championship to complete his medical and sign his Manchester City contract.
Perrone has been chosen to represent Argentina’s U20s at the Sudamericano Sub-20, a CONMEBOL U20s international event that begins this month.
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- Jurgen Klopp Finally Unveils Reasons Behind Liverpool’s Decision to Not Sign Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, and Romeo Lavia
- Erik ten Hag Admits Worrisome Update: Man Utd Cannot Afford to Sign New Striker
- Pep Guardiola Issues Warning to Manchester United Following Omar Berrada’s Appointment
- Arsenal Deploys Scouts to Monitor RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons
Argentina play Paraguay in their opening group game on Saturday 21st January, before matches against Brazil, Peru and Columbia.
It was reported earlier this month that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola had contacted Javier Mascherano to discuss the midfielder.
Perrone’s future with the City first team remains undetermined, amid speculations that the 20-year-old join Guardiola’s squad immediately, and a loan move has been suggested.
City are anticipated to want to strengthen their midfield over the next year, with Ilkay Gundogan’s contract expiring in the summer and Bernardo Silva openly discussing his desire to leave the Etihad Stadium.
The Sky Blues have previously enjoyed success signing South American players during the January transfer window, including former River Plate forward Julian Alvarez last year.
Alvarez, who has eight goals for City since his arrival in July, also helped Argentina win the World Cup last month in Qatar.