Medical Tomorrow: The club and a Chelsea player reach an agreement.
Bashir Humphreys, a Chelsea player, has agreed to join Paderborn and will undergo medicals tomorrow.
According to Football Insider, Chelsea defender Bashir Humphreys has agreed to join German club Paderborn.
The 19-year-old defender is scheduled to fly to Germany on Friday to undergo a medical and finalize his loan move to a Bundesliga second-tier club.
Chelsea have high hopes for the centre-back and believe that a loan move to Germany will help him gain valuable first-team experience.
Humphreys has been in and out of Chelsea’s first-team picture in recent weeks after making his senior debut against Manchester City in the FA Cup earlier this month.
He was named to the Premier League bench for recent games against Crystal Palace and Liverpool.
- Fabrizio Romano Reveals 25-Year-Old Gunner Has No Desire to Leave Arsenal
- Erik ten Hag Explains the Reason Behind Overlooked Man Utd Summer Signing’s Absence from Debut
- Granit Xhaka Explains the Reasons Behind His Departure from Arsenal
- Man Utd Target Adds remedy to Injury for Erik ten Hag After the Boss Broke His Own Transfer Rule
- Fabrizio Romano Confirms Arsenal Contract Talks, With Top Performer Set to Follow Martin Odegaard’s Lead
Humphreys has been with the Blues for six seasons, joining the academy as an Under-15 after moving from Reading.
Humphreys rose through the ranks at Cobham, signing his first scholarship deal with the club in 2019 and then his first professional contract in October 2021.
He’s played over 1,000 minutes of youth football this season, scoring once in 14 appearances.
Humphreys has also been involved in England’s youth system, having played for both the Under-16 and Under-19 sides.
He was a member of the England Under-19s team that won the UEFA European Under-19 Championship in 2022.