Mikel Arteta was compelled to remove Oleksandr Zinchenko from the field after Arsenal’s loss.
Mikel Arteta was ‘forced to drag Oleksandr Zinchenko off the pitch’ after Arsenal’s loss. Neal Maupay and Oleksandr Zinchenko had to be separated by Mikel Arteta after their ill-tempered battle.
The Gunners’ title aspirations were severely damaged at Goodison Park, where Sean Dyche’s Toffees won their first game in charge. James Tarkowski scored the lone goal of the game, but it was Maupay’s devious play that garnered the most attention.
Maupay had been agitating the Arsenal backline while interfering with play. And Zinchenko’s anger spilled out as their discussions continued after the final whistle.
The Daily Telegraph’s Sam Dean tweeted: “Arteta dragging Zinchenko off the pitch after the final whistle. The Arsenal left-back had a few things he wanted to say to some Everton players.”
- Eden Hazard Opens Up: The Manager He Didn’t See Eye to Eye with During His Time at Chelsea
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- 1xBet ambassador received 3 Grammy nominations
- New Footage Reveals Livid Jürgen Klopp Reaction, Possibly Explaining Early Liverpool Change Against Arsenal
- Chelsea Predicted XI Against Aston Villa: Mauricio Pochettino Explores Brand New System
Maupay initiated a fight when he tangled with Zinchenko, prompting the Ukrainian to begin shouting at the downed Frenchman. Both players were cited for their participation in the conflict.
Arenal supporters were angered by Maupay’s behavior on Twitter, as he had previously alarmed them while playing for Brighton.
One supporter fumed: “In all honesty, one should not wish a career-ending injury upon another. Neal Maupay, however, is an exception; if his ankle fell off, I would organize an open-top bus parade with his ankle held aloft as a trophy.”
“Maupay is in the hall of nightmares in the Arsenal museum,” a second added. While a third tweeted: “Maupay won’t ever Arsenal fans catch a break. Can still remember the Leno incident years back, then yesterday. I see why they hate him for life!”