HomeTRANSFERSMoises Caicedo has announced publicly that he wants to depart from Brighton,...

Moises Caicedo has announced publicly that he wants to depart from Brighton, following Arsenal’s £60 million offer for him.

-

Moises Caicedo has announced publicly that he wants to depart from Brighton, following Arsenal’s £60 million offer for him.

Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo has publicly stated his desire to leave the club and pursue a’magnificent opportunity’ following Arsenal’s £60 million bid.

On Friday, the Premier League leaders had a bid for Caicedo rejected after Brighton insisted he was not for sale.

Chelsea showed interest in the 21-year-old earlier this month, but their £55 million bid was rejected on the spot.

Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi is keen to keep his squad together until the summer after losing Leandro Trossard to Arsenal earlier this month.

He thanked Brighton owner Tony Bloom for bringing him to England in 2021 and stated that he had always given his all for the Seagulls.

Caicedo joined from Independiente del Valle for £4.5 million, a bargain given his meteoric rise in the last 18 months.

After coming from a “poor upbringing” in Santa Domingo, he says his dream is to become one of the most decorated players in Ecuadorian football history. Caicedo’s statement made no mention of the club he wishes to join.

Transfer updates


It reads: “I am grateful to Mr Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart.

I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

” I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

“The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”

Caicedo’s post came shortly after Arsenal’s FA Cup defeat to Manchester City. Nathan Ake’s second-half goal was enough for City to win and advance to the fifth round.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta was asked about Caicedo’s Instagram post in his post-match press conference. He said: “You know that I’m not going to comment on any players until anything is done and I’ll continue like that, sorry.”

When asked if he wanted to strengthen his squad before the transfer deadline on Tuesday, the Spaniard replied: “We’ve been very busy.

“We have some necessities and if something else is available the club is willing to try to do it when it’s reasonable and hopefully it’s a player that can improve our squad.”

In addition to Trossard, Arsenal has signed Jakub Kiwior from Spezia. On February 4, they will face Everton in the Premier League.

Moises Caicedo has announced publicly that he wants to depart from Brighton, following Arsenal’s £60 million offer for him.

Follow us

6,566FansLike
5,662FollowersFollow
584FollowersFollow

Most Popular