Mykhailo Mudryk sends Chelsea debut message to Graham Potter in new interview
The £88.5 million signing is set to make his debut this week.
Mykhailo Mudryk, the new Chelsea signing, says he “can’t wait to get started” as Graham Potter considers whether to give the Ukraine winger his debut against Liverpool on Saturday.
Mudryk joined the Chelsea squad this week after joining from Shakhtar Donetsk for £88.5 million.
He last competed on November 23, but he has been in a winter training camp with Shakhtar, and Potter will check his fitness before the trip to Anfield.
“I’m thrilled to be here and a part of the Chelsea initiative,” she says. Mudryk, who has signed an eight-and-a-half year contract at Stamford Bridge.
- Comparison of Manchester City’s wage bill with Manchester United and Liverpool FC supports Pep Guardiola’s argument.
- Cody Gakpo desires a Liverpool ‘accident’ and addresses a position shift in play following his transfer.
- Klopp describes Arthur in two words at Liverpool training right now.
- “Oleksandr Zinchenko Loses Temper and shoves Away Former Manchester City Teammates”
- Why “Pep Guardiola Surprised by Mikel Arteta’s Impact in Manchester City’s FA Cup Win Against Arsenal”
“This is a big club and I’m happy to be here. I want to try and help the team win titles, I want to try and improve my game and to always do my best for Chelsea. “My career has always been focused on hard work and that is why I’m here. Hard work is a very strong thing for me and something I’ve always looked to do.
“Every match in the Premier League is very difficult but I really can’t wait to get started here.” Chelsea hope Mudryk can ignite their season, with the Blues languishing in the 10th place in the Premier League and facing missing out on Champions League qualification.
Mudryk joined Chelsea for an initial fee of £62 million after Arsenal blocked their pursuit of the 22-year-old, who excelled for Shakhtar cutting in on the left wing.
Potter hopes Mudryk will inject some creativity into a Chelsea offense that has scored 22 goals in 19 League games this season.