Mykhailo Mudryk sends Chelsea debut message to Graham Potter in new interview
The £88.5 million signing is set to make his debut this week.
Mykhailo Mudryk, the new Chelsea signing, says he “can’t wait to get started” as Graham Potter considers whether to give the Ukraine winger his debut against Liverpool on Saturday.
Mudryk joined the Chelsea squad this week after joining from Shakhtar Donetsk for £88.5 million.
He last competed on November 23, but he has been in a winter training camp with Shakhtar, and Potter will check his fitness before the trip to Anfield.
“I’m thrilled to be here and a part of the Chelsea initiative,” she says. Mudryk, who has signed an eight-and-a-half year contract at Stamford Bridge.
- Eden Hazard Opens Up: The Manager He Didn’t See Eye to Eye with During His Time at Chelsea
- The ‘Outstanding’ Forgotten Player Who Holds the Key to Saving Millions for Edu and Arteta
- New Footage Reveals Livid Jürgen Klopp Reaction, Possibly Explaining Early Liverpool Change Against Arsenal
- Mauricio Pochettino Denies Allegations of Disparaging Chelsea Players’ Quality
- Surprise Addition Joins Man Utd Training as Erik ten Hag Echoes Jonny Evans Decision
“This is a big club and I’m happy to be here. I want to try and help the team win titles, I want to try and improve my game and to always do my best for Chelsea. “My career has always been focused on hard work and that is why I’m here. Hard work is a very strong thing for me and something I’ve always looked to do.
“Every match in the Premier League is very difficult but I really can’t wait to get started here.” Chelsea hope Mudryk can ignite their season, with the Blues languishing in the 10th place in the Premier League and facing missing out on Champions League qualification.
Mudryk joined Chelsea for an initial fee of £62 million after Arsenal blocked their pursuit of the 22-year-old, who excelled for Shakhtar cutting in on the left wing.
Potter hopes Mudryk will inject some creativity into a Chelsea offense that has scored 22 goals in 19 League games this season.