Oleksandr Zinchenko issues a caution to Manchester City supporters after losing his huff with former teammates.
Oleksandr Zinchenko has thanked Manchester City fans for the kind welcome he received on his return to the club last night.
The Ukraine international spent six trophy-laden years at the Etihad Stadium before joining Arsenal this summer.
Zinchenko has been instrumental in making Arsenal into championship challengers, but he was forced to settle for a bench spot in last night’s FA Cup fourth round tie.
The 26-year-old was introduced midway through the second period but was unable to assist Mikel Arteta’s side in forcing a replay.
Zinchenko was received warmly by City supporters, but proceedings looked to take an unusual turn after the final whistle when he got embroiled in an incident with Ilkay Gundogan.
- Tremendous’ Wonderkid Set to Shine Against Leeds, Drawing Comparisons to Ben White
- Arteta Reveals the Key “Shift” in Bukayo Saka that Ignited Arsenal’s Incredible Form
- Kante and James Back in Action: Chelsea Set to Welcome Key Players for Clash Against Aston Villa
- Potter Hints at Lukaku’s Future at Chelsea: Possible Extension of Contract for 2023-24 Season
- Manchester United with Three Chances to Prove Erik ten Hag’s Comments on Casemiro Right
Before Zinchenko was carried away by Joao Cancelo, Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, and Ruben Dias all sought to diffuse the situation.
Zinchenko did exchange shirts with Walker before leaving down the tunnel and will look forward to reuniting with City when they travel to the Emirates Stadium in a game that will have a significant impact on the Premier League title’s destination.
Zinchenko posted on Instagram, ‘Not the result we came for, but we will bounce back!’
There are no old friends – only friends with whom you have many fond memories and who you will always be delighted to see.
‘There is no such thing as a previous home; there is a place where you were very happy, and now you are pleased to return. Thank you for the wonderful welcome, Etihad!
‘See you soon at Emirates, and have a good time.’