Oleksandr Zinchenko issues a caution to Manchester City supporters after losing his huff with former teammates.
Oleksandr Zinchenko has thanked Manchester City fans for the kind welcome he received on his return to the club last night.
The Ukraine international spent six trophy-laden years at the Etihad Stadium before joining Arsenal this summer.
Zinchenko has been instrumental in making Arsenal into championship challengers, but he was forced to settle for a bench spot in last night’s FA Cup fourth round tie.
The 26-year-old was introduced midway through the second period but was unable to assist Mikel Arteta’s side in forcing a replay.
Zinchenko was received warmly by City supporters, but proceedings looked to take an unusual turn after the final whistle when he got embroiled in an incident with Ilkay Gundogan.
- Bayern Munich Hit with Injury Blow Ahead of Champions League Clash Against Manchester United
- Pochettino Sends Clear Message to Chelsea Board Following Disappointing Everton Loss
- Interpreting Thiago Alcantara’s Injury Woes: Insights Into Liverpool’s Understanding of the £25M Signing
- Release Clause Confirmed by Erik ten Hag as Man Utd Star Granted January Departure Option
- Unai Emery Sends Class Message to Bukayo Saka Ahead of Arsenal Showdown
Before Zinchenko was carried away by Joao Cancelo, Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, and Ruben Dias all sought to diffuse the situation.
Zinchenko did exchange shirts with Walker before leaving down the tunnel and will look forward to reuniting with City when they travel to the Emirates Stadium in a game that will have a significant impact on the Premier League title’s destination.
Zinchenko posted on Instagram, ‘Not the result we came for, but we will bounce back!’
There are no old friends – only friends with whom you have many fond memories and who you will always be delighted to see.
‘There is no such thing as a previous home; there is a place where you were very happy, and now you are pleased to return. Thank you for the wonderful welcome, Etihad!
‘See you soon at Emirates, and have a good time.’