“Oleksandr Zinchenko Loses Temper and shoves Away Former Manchester City Teammates”
After losing his cool, Oleksandr Zinchenko shoves former Manchester City teammates away.
defender for Arsenal Oleksandr Zinchenko was surrounded by his old Manchester City colleagues following the 1-0 defeat at the Etihad, but the Ukrainian appeared agitated as City players attempted to calm him down.
After Arsenal were knocked out of the FA Cup, Oleksandr Zinchenko shoved his Manchester City teammate.
On Friday night, the Ukrainian defender will face his former club at the Etihad Stadium. Zinchenko was rested for the cup match but came in in the second half to try to salvage a result.
Unfortunately for Zinchenko, he was defeated by his former teammates as Arsenal exited the competition with a 1-0 defeat. And the 26-year-old appeared enraged as cameras captured him squabbling with City players after the final whistle.
- Mauricio Pochettino Offers Insight into Chelsea’s Decision to Accept Offers for Ian Maatsen and Trevoh Chalobah
- Former Chelsea Player Claims He Wasn’t Utilized Properly and Now Thrives as a Key Player for a Prominent European Club
- Marcus Rashford Could Assume a Fresh Role for Manchester United in Upcoming Match Against Brighton
- Wenger Issues Arsenal a Warning Regarding Their Premier League Title Ambitions and Expresses a Singular Concern
- Sir Alex Ferguson Advises Erik ten Hag to Steer Clear of a ‘Perilous’ Jadon Sancho Situation at Man Utd
Zinchenko seemed irritated as he reprimanded Ilkay Gundogan, shaking his finger in his face. Without another Arsenal player in sight, Gundogan laughed it off with a ruffle of his hair, as Jack Grealish smiled at Zinchenko.
The cameras then captured an increasingly enraged Zinchenko giving a death stare before being stopped by ex-teammate Joao Cancelo. Ruben Dias was seen chuckling as the left-back was calmed down.
ITV’s official Twitter account posted the unusual exchange with the caption: “Not sure if Zinchenko is happy or upset here,” pointing to the way City’s players looked to be joking with him.
“He’s mad,” one Twitter user remarked. Why would you write ‘I’m not sure’? He’s enraged!!”
Another tweeted: “Are they trying to play mind games? Very weird,” while a third wrote: “This will fire up Zinchenko more for league game,” in reference to the two sides’ crucial upcoming Premier League clash.
Zinchenko was yellow carded late in the game for a challenge on Bernardo Silva, after which he roared in despair.