Pep Guardiola makes a bold prediction about Liverpool after ‘copying’ Jurgen Klopp.
Pep Guardiola makes a bold prediction about Liverpool after ‘copying’ them. Jurgen Klopp
Pep Guardiola, the manager of Manchester City, has admitted that he ‘learned a lot’ from watching Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool team.
Pep Guardiola has admitted that watching Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool team has provided him with inspiration and knowledge.
The German has been the most difficult opponent Guardiola has faced while in charge of Manchester City, and the two sides have rewritten history in terms of what it takes to win the Premier League title.
Liverpool are trailing the league this season, but Guardiola’s clashes with Klopp’s team have forced him to alter parts of his City strategy.
- Eden Hazard Opens Up: The Manager He Didn’t See Eye to Eye with During His Time at Chelsea
- New Footage Reveals Livid Jürgen Klopp Reaction, Possibly Explaining Early Liverpool Change Against Arsenal
- Chelsea Predicted XI Against Aston Villa: Mauricio Pochettino Explores Brand New System
- Mauricio Pochettino Denies Allegations of Disparaging Chelsea Players’ Quality
- Surprise Addition Joins Man Utd Training as Erik ten Hag Echoes Jonny Evans Decision
Speaking ahead of his side’s tricky FA Cup fourth round tie against Arsenal on Friday night, the Spaniard revealed just how much he has studied Liverpool.
“I learned a lot from watching Liverpool,” Man City manager Pep Guardiola said. “It’s the team I watched the most, for obvious reasons, because they were our biggest rival in the last years, and they’re going to come back sooner or later, knowing the club, and the manager, and of course, players they have.
“I tried to imitate some things, if you will. If I like it, feel it, and know how to adapt with the players I have. I’m not going to copy and paste just because they’re successful. No way, no how!”
Klopp and Guardiola have met 27 times, with the Reds manager winning 12 times to the Spaniard’s ten. There have been five deadlocks.