The Blues are trying to finalize their SIXTH signing after making moves to sign a £35 million striker.
Chelsea reportedly made a £26.5 million (€30 million) approach for PSV Eindhoven winger Noni Madueke during the winter transfer window.
The talented forward has scored 20 goals in 79 first-team appearances for PSV, sparking interest from Premier League heavyweights Chelsea.
Graham Potter has already had a number of first-team players injured this season and knows that he needs to add more depth to get through the next few weeks and months.
The Blues have been one of the busiest teams this month, having already signed David Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos, Benoit Badiashile, Joao Felix, and Mykhaylo Tymoshenko.
The Blues have been one of the busiest teams this month, spending money to recruit David Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos, Benoit Badiashile, Joao Felix, and Mykhaylo Mudryk as Graham Potter attempts to enhance his squad for the second half of the season.
- Mauricio Pochettino Offers Insight into Chelsea’s Decision to Accept Offers for Ian Maatsen and Trevoh Chalobah
- Former Chelsea Star Criticizes Owner Todd Boehly, Delivers Scathing Assessment of Transfer Strategy.
- Chelsea’s Surprise Transfer Decision on Reece James as Real Madrid Considers Fresh Bid.
- After a breakdown in negotiations, Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly demands an additional £50 million player be exiled.
- Eden Hazard’s Position on Chelsea Return Revealed as Club Considers Next Transfer Move.
According to sources, Chelsea has made steps to capture the talented Madueke, who has been excelling in the Dutch League over the previous several seasons.
According to ESPN, Chelsea has launched a £26.5 million (€30 million) approach for Madueke during the winter transfer window.
According to the tabloid, PSV have no intention of selling the 20-year-old, but that hasn’t stopped Chelsea from putting in a formal bid after making an enquiry last week.
Chelsea is buying all these young talents who have done nothing in the game and will do nothing for a few seasons, and Madueke is one of them.
Sure, he has done well – in the DUTCH League – and yes, he has impressed – but this is the Premier League, and Potter needs players who can make an impact now, not in a few seasons.