Thiago provides answers on which team is iconic in the premier League
Thiago, a Liverpool player, recently gave an excellent response when asked why he chose to join the Reds.
Thiago arrived in Merseyside following a trophy-laden spell with German giants Bayern Munich. Thiago scored 31 goals and assisted 37 times in 237 appearances with the Bavarians.
With Bayern, the Spaniard won 17 trophies. Thiago, on the other hand, desired a fresh challenge in his career after his successful stint. He believed that no other club in the Premier League had a better project than the Reds. Speaking to BT Sport, Thiago said (via LiverpoolEcho):
- Comparison of Manchester City’s wage bill with Manchester United and Liverpool FC supports Pep Guardiola’s argument.
- Cody Gakpo desires a Liverpool ‘accident’ and addresses a position shift in play following his transfer.
- Klopp describes Arthur in two words at Liverpool training right now.
- “Oleksandr Zinchenko Loses Temper and shoves Away Former Manchester City Teammates”
- Why “Pep Guardiola Surprised by Mikel Arteta’s Impact in Manchester City’s FA Cup Win Against Arsenal”
“For sure it was a big decision, the German league is awesome but we were winning for eight years in a row but come on, we need something more challenging and the biggest one in that moment was Premier League. Which other teams were more iconic in the Premier League? Which one is a better project, better coach and Liverpool was perfect for that.
It was a match from the first day.” When Thiago joined the club in 2020, Jurgen Klopp said: “Absolutely great. I’m really happy that it finally worked out and we could just do it. I know all the people at Bayern wanted to keep him desperately. That’s normal and understandable because he played an important role, in the last season as well. He just was ready for a new challenge and he decided for us.”
- Manchester United’s stance on acquiring Marco Reus as the transfer window nears its close.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko issues a caution to Manchester City supporters after losing his huff with former teammates.
- Pep Guardiola praises Arsenal Player as an “incredible weapon” after his lively performance in Arsenal’s FA Cup match.
- Fans astonished after hearing Lionel Messi speak English ‘for the first time’
- Joao Cancelo’s admission to Pep Guardiola may help him reclaim a starting spot for Manchester City.
On January 21, Liverpool will play Chelsea in the Premier League. Jurgen Klopp will be managing his 1,000th professional game. He has taken command of Mainz 270 times and Borussia Dortmund 319 times, respectively.
Klopp’s 411th game in charge of the Merseyside club will be against the Blues.
“I have done the job I love for the clubs I love, I am blessed, 100 per cent. That’s what I feel.”
He further added:
“This week people told me that it [the 1,000th game] will happen. It keeps coming up, then [I thought about] the start at Mainz, the start at Dortmund, the start here… When you come in, you never know how it will go and I was really lucky with all the things that happened.”