Thomas Tuchel has told Edouard Mendy truth after terrible error against Leeds United
Mendy can't be making mistakes like this. He had so much time as well. pic.twitter.com/81AQapnHtO— Bari (@CFCBari) August 21, 2022
Leeds United produced a dominant performance to beat Chelsea 3-0 at Elland Road.
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel says they were architects of their own defeat at Elland Road and should be better to have a decent season.
Leeds United new marking Brendan Aaronsen was compensated for his constancy with a goal after Edouard Mendy miscontrolled a back pass.
The simpler choice would have been for the Senegal international to kick it to the furthest extent that he would be able, yet he missed the control and wrecked the Cruyff turn he was endeavoring.
Tuchel says confusions like that at the time it happened changes games and the goalkeeper would know this.
He told reporters after the game: ” He knows himself. With these sorts of errors, we don’t need to talk a great deal.
Thomas Tuchel said Edouard Mendy cost his team with “a huge mistake” 😭 pic.twitter.com/y3bSCSUdqg— Chelsea FC News (@Chelsea_FL) August 22, 2022
- Thierry Henry and Jamie Carragher in Agreement About Bukayo Saka After Injury vs. RC Lens
- He Knows’ – Rasmus Hojlund Sends a Message to His Manchester United Teammate Marcus Rashford
- Chelsea Targets Former Man Utd Player Who Reportedly ‘Refused to Speak to Erik ten Hag’ Before Old Trafford Exit
- Erik ten Hag Confirms He Will Hold Talks with Andre Onana After Horrible Display Against Galatasaray
- (Video) Eriksen Admits Dressing Room Was ‘Very Quiet’ After Manchester United Were Humiliated by Galatasaray
- Declan Rice’s Frustration at Bukayo Saka’s Replacement Explained as Arsenal Fear Injury
“It’s an enormous mix-up at a urgent time in the match. It doesn’t help and he’s the generally frustrated person.
Huge summer transferring ownership of Raheem Sterling gave a punishment soon after Mendy’s blunder and Leeds took full benefit from the set-piece, with in-structure Rodrigo scoring his fourth goal in three games.
Jack Harrison who never stopped running then sealed victory after his out-stretched leg directed the ball past Mendy for his side’s third goal and confirm their first win against the Blues since 2002.
Despite the dominance of Leeds, Tuchel insisted they still had enough to beat the west Yorkshire side.
“We can play on a high level and today we lost track. Everything was going well and I still believe we can win with this team in Leeds. I think it’s more our fault than anybody else’s credit.”